Friday, June 18, 2010

Heather Cain (2008-2010)

So this blog has been dormant now for nearly 2 years. Every now & again I try to revive it, but alas, I am either too busy or too lazy to do so consistently. If I had to guess the reason why exactly, I would suspect that it's because I have indeed been too lazy. My reasoning? I know for a fact that I've had no shortage of experiences to write about. What have I been doing for the past two years? Well, I've been enjoying two of the best years of my life with my main squeeze, Heather Cain.


It was two years ago this week that, according to her, that we became official. And what a 2 years it's been.


If it wasn't for Heather Cain:


--I would have never gotten in to that SOLD OUT Los Crudos show!



--I would have never seen Ray Davies sing “Victoria”



--I would have never met Bill Murray!!!!!



--I would have never competed in a Pie Fight in my own backyard inspired by Bugsy Malone.



--I would have never know who Dave Dee, Dozy, Becky, Mick, & Tich were.



--I would have never gone to Fantastic Fest 2009!!!!



--I would have never had a birthday cake in the shape of a record player that actually rotated!



--I would have never had a Christmas Card of my brother's mustaches & I.



--I would have never had a kid-themed party with a Jump House.



--I would have never watched Spaced in it's entirety on my birthday & met Simon Pegg.



--Furthermore, I would have never went to the Spaced house in London & have an awkward experience/memory with current owner.



--I would have never went to Chicago to Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds & then go to a gay sports bar afterward.



--I would have never went to Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles.



--I would have never rode a train.



--I would have never been an (unofficial) Voyeur Warrior!!!



--I would have never went to Denver to see one of my best friends & find this record for a dollar in a Goodwill basement.



--I would have never seen a play performed in a living room.



--I would have never known about “'Back in the New York Groove'”



--I would have never went to LONDON!!!!! or anywhere overseas for that matter.



--I would have never roller-skated and subsequently fell down.





--I would have never heard of Yma Sumac.



--Although I would have probably seen Tom Waits in Dallas, I would have never booked this formerly swanky hotel.



--I would have never went to Denver and seen Web Soup host Chris Hardwick (& met Him)



--I would have never went to Phoenix and seen Soup host Joel McHale on News Years Eve.



--I would have never seen The Thing!!?!!?! What is It????




--I would have never gotten in good with the owner of the greatest former-slaughter-house-turned-record-store in Texas: R.A.T.S.





--I would have never met Bobcat Goldthwait (after he referred to me as a “Muppet-Baby-Kevin-Smith).



--I would have never spent my Valentine's Day in London on a rooftop in the rain, snuggled up in a sleeping bag watching The Apartment.




--I would have never rode any water rides.



--I would have never seen Joanna Newsom round ass behind a harp in front of the Chicago Symphony.



--I would have never had an appreciation for Burl Ives.



--I would have never met Michel Gondry.



--I would have never owned my own digital projector.



--I would have never went to Los Angelas to meet Clint Howard so that he could be in our movie for an Alamo Drafthouse short film competition.



--I would have never made “At the Movies: The Movie”



--I would have never had dinner with Clint Howard in Austin after we convinced him to come to Austin and show “Evilspeak” & “Rock 'N' Roll High School.”



--I would have never seen “Evilspeak!!!!!”



--I would have never heard Clint Howard utter the words “I showed Brother Ron the movie, he thought it was funny.”

--I would have never known all these awesome people.







--I would have never swam on a rooftop hotel high above the city.



--I would have never heard the phrase "bang-to-blue-eyes."



--I would have never watched Infomania.



--I would have never watched The Dish.



--I would have never heard of Dent May.



--I would have never dressed as a Zebra Cake for Halloween.



--I would have never filmed a movie in a hotel room.



--I would have never raced around a retirement community in the middle of the night on a bicycle chasing a golf-cart.

--I would have never ate Funeral Salad.

--I would have never seen DEVO.

--I would have never experienced an Omnimax.

--I would have never watched half a season of Frank the Entertainer for this girl.



--I would have never seen Spike Lee address a practically empty Paramount theatre.

--I would have never watched It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

--I would have never learned to beware White Trucks.

--I would have never drank a full glass of liquors.



--I would have never known the subtle joys of Holiday Inn Express.

--I would have never the phrase "Romantico!"

--I would have never owned my own 35mm print of “Anguish”

--I would have never heard “Breakaway” by Irma Thomas.



--I would have never known that Fear of Corn was a real thing.

--I would have never celebrated Hanukkah that year.

--I would have never heard “Honey” by Bobby Goldboro



--I would have never seen Conan O'Brien perform, much less sign Heather's boob, and then weeks later tweet about it (sort of).



--I would have never seen the Hollywood Walk of Fame.



--I would have never appreciated Carmen Miranda.



--I would have never known what I want to do with my life.



Who Put the "Pop" in Popkoff? Duh, Heather Cain!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

daw! super sweet!!!!!!

Scumbalina said...

I stumbled upon your blog to read your review for "Redneck", then I read this (well, most of it, that's a lot of "I would have nevers"). This is the most romantic thing I've ever read! What a colorful and cultured life the two of you have together! Rock on, I'll be following this blog <3

karla said...

I found your blog google searching Lee Ving and read one of your posts about streets of fire, then i read this! you are so very lucky to have such a very exciting life with her, and she is lucky to have a man that appreciates it :] MOTZEL TOV!!! haha

Carrie said...

Wow!!! This so sooooooo Romantic....or is it Romantico? Gosh, I'm so happy for you two!!! Hmmmm if I can think of the best way to put it this would be it...I feel like I just stayed up all night talking with you over a bottle of wine. I did none of the talking but came out with all of the understanding. Very well put Popkoff. LIVE A FULL AND HAPPY LIFE TOGETHER!!!!