Friday, May 25, 2012

The Mexican (2001)


Re-watch.  Okay, real talk:  I love this movie.  I always have and I've never understood the negative reputation it has.  The most common complaint about this movie is that it has two huge stars in it but chooses to separate them for the whole duration of the film.  While that's true, I don't think that it's to it's detriment.  If you've ever seen the movie, you would know that the most obnoxious relationship in the movie is that of Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt in the first 10 minutes.  The truth is, if the whole movie was built around their relationship I probably wouldn't love it. 

The only other criticism I can understand about the movie is that Brad Pitt's performance is a little douchey, which it is, but he's supposed to be a really dumb American, so I don't think that it's that bad.  Either way, this movie, despite how the poster looks, is a fun little crime film, filled with clever twists and turns.     

No comments: